LoveYourBrain Yoga Program Coordinator
The LoveYourBrain Foundation (LYB) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people affected by traumatic brain injury (TBI) through programs that build community. Learn more at www.loveyourbrain.com. The LYB Yoga program includes a free 6-week gentle yoga series (“FUNdamentals series”) designed for people with TBI and their caregivers. Our program is delivered in both community-based settings through partnerships with yoga studios, as well as in clinical settings through partnerships with select TBI rehabilitation facilities (known as “Clinical Affiliates”). This way, we are supporting people affected by TBI to learn meditation and yoga skills across the full continuum of care—from health care facilities to the local community. Currently, we have partnerships with 32 yoga studios across 18 US states and 2 Canadian provinces, and intend to expand our program to all 50 states and across Canada by 2020. We also have partnerships with three Clinical Affiliates and intend to expand this initiative to 10 or more rehabilitation facilities by 2020. We are also exploring opportunities to tailor our yoga and meditation curriculum to serve higher need patients. We are engaged in ongoing research to evaluate the impact of our yoga program and contribute evidence-based practices for integrating yoga and meditation into rehabilitation services.
We are seeking a Yoga Program Coordinator for the LYB Yoga program to coordinate the implementation, expansion, and evaluation of our Yoga program. The Yoga Program Coordinator role is a dynamic position requiring someone with expertise in program administration and management, program evaluation, a strong interest in bridging community-based programming, and a commitment to yoga service for marginalized populations. This role requires a self-starter dedicated to promoting TBI healing, social justice, and community development.
June 1st, 2018 (preferably)
- Manage administrative tasks vital to the daily operations of the yoga program, including responding to email inquiries from prospective participants about the program, scheduling FUNdamentals series quarterly, managing communications with yoga teachers about tax forms, sending attendance list, sending post-series recap emails, updating data management systems, etc.
- Maintain excel spreadsheet management system for tracking key communications and process for implementing the FUNdamentals series
- Manage and inform Salesforce processes, reports, and dashboard administration (e.g., logging activity history, creating new contacts and accounts, tracking partnership conversations, tracking outreach efforts through engagement plans, running quarterly metrics report, etc.)
- Draft quarterly newsletter content for to keep partner studios and clinical contacts abreast of program developments and policies
- Update program Standard Operating Procedures
- Implement and track progress towards achieving key outreach goals (e.g.,conducting formative research to identify key TBI clinical facilities, brain injury support groups, press outlets, Brain Injury Association/Alliance contacts, etc.)
- Develop the strategy and implementation plan for a network of grassroots advocates who have experienced TBI (i.e. “Community Connectors”) to raise awareness about our yoga program and LYB as a whole
- Research new potential partner yoga studios and rehabilitation facilities in the states selected for program expansion
- Manage relationships and implementation of a subset of partner studios
- Conduct in-service presentations about the LYB Yoga program at key rehabilitation facilities to promote referral to our community-based program
- Support the organization, logistics, and implementation of teacher trainings
- Develop and execute the strategy for making the LYB Yoga teacher training eligible to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Occupational Therapists
- (OTs) and Physical Therapists (PTs).
- Manage data collection and reporting for internal program evaluations
- Produce quarterly reports to assess progress towards program goals
- Update and manage registration pages for all partner studios
In addition (related to LYB as a whole):
- Communicate with the LYB leadership team to ensure a unified front and common direction with all projects
This position reports to Kim Baker, Director of Implementation for the Yoga program.
The position is full time.
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong experience in managing administrative tasks related to program delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write effectively for a range of different audiences (i.e., people with TBI, health care professionals, media, general public)
- Experience working with: Salesforce, Microsoft word, Excel, Google platform
- Experience working in Mailchimp, SquareSpace, and Classy (strongly preferred)
- Highly-developed organizational skills with a keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience coordinating, implementing, analyzing, and drafting the results of program evaluations
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, and to both take direction and work autonomously where appropriate
- A commitment to being compassionate, open-minded, and self-aware
- A respectful and non-judgmental approach in all tasks
- Willing to work remotely
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree completed (required), Master’s (preferred)
- Experience as a yoga teacher or practitioner
- Experience with the TBI population (preferred)
Please submit a cover letter that directly address 1) how you meet the selection criteria and 2) motivations for applying to this position, resume or CV, and writing sample to Kyla Pearce, Senior Director of the LYB Yoga program, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 25th. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis. Potential candidates will be offered a formal interview via videoconference with the LYB Yoga program team and then a subsequent interview with the Executive Director.