LoveYourBrain Yoga Program Coordinator
The LoveYourBrain Foundation (LYB) is a nonprofit organization founded to improve the quality of life of people affected by traumatic brain injury (TBI) through programs that build community. Learn more at www.loveyourbrain.com .
We are seeking a Coordinator to support the LYB Yoga program to strengthen and expand program implementation. Currently, the LYB Yoga program has partners in eight states throughout the US and Canada and intends to scale-up to a total of 25 states across the US and internationally in the next three years. The Yoga Program Coordinator role is a dynamic position requiring a self-starter committed to TBI, social justice, and community development.
Manage administrative tasks vital to the daily operations of the yoga program.
Our yoga program includes a 6-week gentle yoga series called the FUNdamentals series that is open to anyone who has experienced a TBI and their support people.
- Implement communications with participants in the yoga program
- Work with partner studios to schedule FUNdamentals series, and with primary teachers to schedule Mentorship calls
- Point person for supporting MindfulMarch, LYB’s yoga-based fundraiser during March (Brain Injury awareness month)
Support the implementation of the LYB Yoga Teacher Training workshops
We conduct 16-hour teacher training workshops for yoga teachers and clinicians to learn how to tailor yoga and meditation for TBI.
- Support the logistics and communications with the host studio and trainees, including communications with trainees before and after the workshop, managing payment processes, etc.
- Develop and execute the strategy for making the LYB Yoga teacher training eligibleto offer Continuing Education Units (CEU) for Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Physical Therapists (PTs). This includes researching state- and national-level CEU requirements for OTs and PTs; developing the strategy and timeline for how LYB can meet these requirements; and supporting the creation of materials and applications.
Support the expansion and visibility of the LYB Yoga program in new locations
- Research new potential partner yoga studios and rehabilitation facilities in the states selected for LYB Yoga program expansion in the next fiscal year
- Develop and execute the strategy for Search Engine Optimization about the LYB Yoga program to enhance visibility
- Lead media communications, including drafting press releases, to raise awareness about the yoga program
This position reports to Kim Baker, Director of Implementation for the Yoga program. The position is part time (20 hours per week), with the possibility of turning into a full-time position.
Location: Ideally based in the San Diego, California area.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write effectively for a range of different audiences (i.e., people with TBI, health care professionals, media, general public)
- Highly-developed oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to modify communication style appropriately for different audiences
- Highly-developed organizational skills with a keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, and to both take direction and work autonomously where appropriate
- Experience working with: Microsoft word, Excel, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google drive (required) and Salesforce (preferred)
- English native speaker
- A commitment to being compassionate, open-minded, and authentic
- A respectful and non-judgmental approach in all tasks
- Willing to work remotely
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree completed
- Experience as a yoga teacher or practitioner
Please send your application, comprising a cover letter, curriculum vitae, professional references and a writing sample to Kim Baker ( email@example.com ) by March 6th, 2017. Applicants should be available for interview either face-to-face or via video-conference.