This meditation is based on the seven Chakras, which are the the energy centers throughout our body. According to Indian tradition, each chakra has a specific meaning and color associated with its energy. They also correspond to western science’s perspective of endocrine and nervous system functions, including parts of the brain.
- Root chakra - Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. Associated with the adrenal glands, kidneys and spinal column.
- Sacral chakra - Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. Associated with the prostate gland and genitals.
- Solar plexus chakra - Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives. Associated with adrenal glands, nerves and nervous system.
- Heart chakra - Our ability to love. Associated with the thymus gland and heart.
- Throat chakra - Our ability to communicate. Associated with thyroid gland and hypothalamus.
- Third eye chakra - Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. Associated with pituitary gland.
- Crown chakra - The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. Associated with cerebral cortex, pineal gland, and central nervous system.
Let this be an exploration of these energy channels within your inner world. Enjoy!