We believe that yoga and meditation empower people to positively adapt to changes in their lives. We support people who have experienced a traumatic brain injury and their caregivers to participate in a free, research-backed, six-week yoga and meditation series designed based on the science of resilience.
what sets us apart
Here are a few ways LoveYourBrain Yoga addresses some of the common concerns we hear from the TBI community:
- Adapts specific poses to prevent dizziness and headaches
- Offers similar movements in a similar sequence to support learning and memory
- Uses soft lighting and soothing music to make the yoga class environment welcoming
- Incorporates strategies to focus attention and release negative thoughts
- Builds community through group discussion with empowering TBI-related themes
To date, 983 people, including 781 people with TBI and 202 caregivers, have participated in our program across the US and Canada.
Some of the characteristics of who we serve:
- 68% are women and 32% are men
- Diversity in the range of TBI severity, from mild (31%), moderate (36%), to severe (33%)
- Some experience light sensitivity (33%), post-concussion syndrome (9%), weakness on one side of the body (19%)
Afterwards, people report more satisfaction with their:
- Concentration, memory, and thinking
- Ability to carry out day-to-day activities
- Feelings and emotions
- Personal and social life
- Current situation and future prospects
Designed with intention
Evidence-based, participant-informed, and community-driven.