Everything you need to know, and maybe more, about offering donation-based classes.
How do I spread the word?
- Utilize our media kit
- Post about your class on social media and be sure to tag @LoveYourBrain and hashtag #LoveYourBrain so we can like and repost
- Plan early, start early! Begin marketing your class through the studio, by word of mouth and online as soon as possible.
What is the best way to get funds to LoveYourBrain following my studio’s donation-based class?
- Set up your own fundraising page: after setting up your own fundraising page, direct students to donate in advance of your class (best option!) or at the beginning of class on their mobile devices -- if the studio has an iPad or laptop you can have the page already up and ready to go. You can check the progress of who has contributed and use it as a pre-registration tool.
- Cash: you can collect cash from students and after the class is over send us a check or make a donation online in the amount of money raised to your fundraising page
- Personal check: You can ask students to bring a personal check made out to the LoveYourBrain Foundation and mail the checks to us at: 109 Park Road, Windsor, VT 05089. Please make sure to note your name, the studio name and we will add this amount into your fundraising page.
What if my studio uses pre-paid punch cards?
We suggest giving your students the option to use their punch card or make a donation out-of-pocket. If a student chooses to use their punch card, it is the responsibility of the studio to record this class as a donation and make a contribution to us by check or online.
Will I receive a tax deductible receipt?
Yes! For all donations made online, you will be issued a receipt. For all donations by check over $250, you will be issued a receipt. For donations by check less than $250, please request if you need a receipt and we will gladly issue one.
Is there a timeline for meeting the fundraising benchmarks?
The timeline is one year from the date you hold your first class. In the case of MindfulMarch, we will wrap up fundraising by April 1st.
How will LoveYourBrain acknowledge the fundraising benchmarks?
LoveYourBrain will highlight your studio through our social media, as well as send you a special gift of gratitude in the mail.
Where does my donation go?
100% of the funds raised will go directly to supporting LoveYourBrain’s programs, which improve the quality of life for people affected by traumatic brain injury.
Can I sell LoveYourBrain Merchandise at my studio to raise awareness for your organization?
Yes you can. You can purchase LoveYourBrain merchandise online from us at: http://www.loveyourbrain.com/store/ and sell it at retail price. All proceeds from sales go to support the programs made possible by LoveYourBrain.
If you have any other questions please email us directly at: email@example.com and we will get back to you with an answer.