Attend a LoveYourBrain Teacher Training
We host comprehensive yoga teacher training workshops to equip yoga teachers and clinicians with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to tailor yoga and meditation classes for the TBI community. We believe that yoga has the potential to transform the wellbeing of those living with TBI by improving their ability to strengthen and reconnect their mind and body.
Upcoming Teacher Trainings
what can i expect?
Over the course of our typically 18 hour workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Watch The Crash Reel documentary and learn about the role of being a caregiver from Adam Pearce
- Receive the comprehensive LoveYourBrain Yoga Teacher Training Manual (+150 pages)
- Hands-on experience learning gentle yoga modifications, effective sequencing, and fundamental teaching tips to meet the unique needs of this population
- Learn meditation practices and pranayama techniques to focus the mind and calm the nervous system
- Learn about neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, the impact of TBI on the individual and family, and how neuroplasticity influences healing
- Learn the LYB 6-week FUNdamentals series, which incorporates TBI-focused yoga and meditation best practices, class themes to foster resilience and compassion, and facilitated discussion
- Build conversation facilitation skills to support the discussion component of the FUNdamentals series, a unique feature of our program
- Both practice and teach parts of the FUNdamental series to make the experience as applied as possible
- Develop connections to the broader LoveYourBrain community and movement to shift the culture around TBI recovery and brain health
- Expand your tools for exercising more compassionate yoga teaching
- Receiving a certificate of completion also requires reading Traumatic Head Injury: Cause, Consequence, and Challenge (aka “The Red Book”), and completing an assessment
- Possibly receive 1.6 CEUs (approved by California PT Association #16-424)
Cost: $385 and agreeing to host a donation-based class during our fundraiser, MindfulMarch, during Brain Injury Awareness Month.
Learn more about the teaching team here.
“The teacher training was so inspiring, informative, and meaningful on multiple levels. The events on Friday night really set the tone for Saturday's training, it made me feel personally connected to an issue that I was relatively unfamiliar with before and instilled a deeper meaning into not only attending on Saturday, but also my classes ever since. I have continued to think about the many ways in which TBI and yoga/ meditation go hand in hand. It really makes you think about the interconnectedness of the mind and body and how to go about rebuilding that connection when it’s been so threatened. What I think is so wonderful about using Yoga and meditation at therapy for this kind of trauma is that it invites survivors to be active participants in their healing. It puts the control over their bodies back in their hands. It really empowers survivors to step into their own power and find the strength and resiliency that remains in their minds- even when it feels like, or they are told, that it is lost. Pretty amazing. I am so excited to be a part of this growing movement.”
Sarah Cycon, Yoga Teacher
"The collaborative nature of the LYB yoga teacher training program was invaluable. Being able to participate in the training with the yoga teachers gave me a better understanding of what my clients will be doing, how to communicate the benefits of the program, and how to identify which client would be a good candidate. Kyla did a wonderful job presenting on the impact of TBIs, and the brain education portion of the course was a nice refresher for the clinicians. I think it is important for all of us as clinicians to educate our clients on the benefits that yoga and meditation can have on their healing process."
Ariella Ahlzadeh, CCC-SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist, Shepherd Pathways
“I am so impressed; not just by the wealth of knowledge shared with us, but also by the community vibe built around the program. The training was truly a life-changing experience for me. I left feeling completely inspired and so eager to share the LoveYourBrain mission with the world.”
Amber Chesbrough, Yoga Teacher