We enable people who have experienced a TBI and those who support them to participate in community-based gentle yoga and meditation classes tailored to their needs. Our unprecedented yoga program is designed based on the science of resilience. We believe that yoga and meditation can empower individuals to positively adapt to changes in their lives.
what sets us apart
Here are a few ways our yoga program addresses some of the common concerns we hear from the TBI community:
- Adapts specific poses to prevent dizziness and headaches
- Offers similar movements in a similar sequence to support learning and memory
- Uses soft lighting and soothing music to make the yoga class environment welcoming
- Incorporates strategies to focus attention and release negative thoughts
- Builds community through group discussion with empowering TBI-related themes
To date, 267 people, including 205 people with TBI and 62 caregivers, have participated in our program across 8 states.
Some of the characteristics of who we serve:
- 68% are women and 32% are men
- Diversity in the range of TBI severity, from mild (31%), moderate (36%), to severe (33%)
- Some experience light sensitivity (33%), post-concussion syndrome (9%), weakness on one side of the body (19%)
Afterwards, people report more satisfaction with their:
- Concentration, memory, and thinking
- Ability to carry out day-to-day activities
- Feelings and emotions
- Personal and social life
- Current situation and future prospects
Designed with intention
Evidence-based, participant-informed, and community-driven.