If you have experienced a TBI (including concussion) or are a caregiver or support person, we invite you to join our yoga community! Through this program, we hope you discover your inner resources for learning, growing, healing, and thriving.
To create a culture of shared experiences related to TBI, our program is only open to the TBI community at this time. TBI is caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, or penetrating head injury. If you have another type of brain injury (e.g., stroke, anoxia, tumor) we'll do our best to refer you to another program that can meet your needs. Thanks for your understanding.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- Gentle yoga to improve strength and balance
- Meditation practices to reduce stress
- Class themes to foster resilience and compassion
- Facilitated group conversation to build community
- Open to the broader community but have been identified as accessible for TBI
- Offered to participants at a discounted rate
- Taught by yoga teachers who have completed our specialized training
How do I know if I’m ready?
- Able to move without assistance (no wheelchair, cane)
- Open to participating in group discussion
- Can follow instructions and regulate intense emotions
- Can commit to all 6 classes (first class is mandatory)
- Are younger than 70 years of age
If you are a caregiver or support person, we encourage you to sign up to attend the same series as the person who has experienced a TBI, but we know that is not always possible. So, you are always welcome to sign up independently.
People with TBI and their caregivers can sign up by each completing their own eligibility form.
Start by selecting your state: